One of my favorite columnists, Ms. Kathy Benjamin, authoress of some of the funniest articles on Cracked.com sent out a challenge. She asked her Facebook following to list 10 books “that have stayed with you in some way.” She claims she is always on the lookout for good books.
As an aspiring author, I can believe it. I, myself, am also looking for awesomeness in the book department, and have a very eclectic list from which to choose. Some of the books I read are inspiring, and others are just humorous.
Here is my list, and I challenge all of you to come up with a list of your own:
- A Prison Diary – Jeffrey Archer
- Down and Out in Paris and London – George Orwell
- Nickel and Dimed: On (Not) Getting By in America – Barbara Ehreneich
- Salvation In Death – J. D. Robb
- The Cronicles of the Lensman – E. E. “Doc” Smith
- The Hitchikers’ Guide to The Galaxy – Douglas Adams
- The Inimitable Jeeves – P. G. Wodehouse
- Time Enough for Love: The Lives of Lazarus Long – Robert Heinlein
- You Can’t Drink All Day If You Don’t Start in the Morning – Celia Rivenbark
- To Kill a Mockingbird – Harper Lee